Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oster-monath

That's Anglo-Saxon for "April." This month is my month - yes, I'm claiming it, don't argue.

Alas, the beginning of April means the end of March. We have inned like a lion and outed like a lamb. It also means - my 30 day goal is over! Er, 31 day goal - but still - 31 pictures for my beloved friends and family.

I know what you're thinking - no more pictures! Panic!! I can hear the gnashing of teeth and wearing of the sackcloth from here.

Is this the end of an era of picture taking by yours truly? Absolutement pas!

For April, there will be pictures, albeit slightly different. In my panic of not having a goal for April yesterday, I turned to my sister - a fount of knowledge. After turning down her suggestion of punching someone different in the face everday, she did come up with a stellar idea.

Hence, for April, in an effort to help me further know a now-thawed Chicago, I will be taking a picture of a different street sign...wait for it...in alphabetical order.

Now, right now my mom is probably thinking, "Great, this is going to be like the time in high school when she had to compile a huge project on British literature using a certain theme. While other students chose things like "love" or "despair," my daughter had to insist that each work had a color in the title, which took freakin' forever."

Just kidding, my mom thinks this goal is brilliant! I already have A-C figured...X, not so much - but one is always better for trying, n'est-ce pas?

Plus, I will include some regular postings. Also, with each street sign, I'll talk a little bit about where it is, why it's significant, and whether or not I was utterly lost when I found it. Hopefully, this project will result in a better understanding of my adopted city of Chicago.

Alright, look out for the first one soon!

I know, it's like sitting by the phone waiting for your new love interest to call!

Well, at least that's what I've heard - I never really wait and most the time I hope they don't call...hahahaha.

And scene.

3 comments:

EmilyHaHa said...

Hey, I had that color idea first. Wasn't "Yellow Wallpaper" a stupid short story? Stupid...

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll be continuing your project in H-town in a week!!! Can't wait to see you!

Oh, and yes on the ticket and soiree invite. I think. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm Anxiously Awaiting the A Street pic.