Monday, April 7, 2008

The most important election this year...

is not the presidential one. 78 caucuses, primaries later, I mean, who cares?

Instead, let's talk ketchup. More specifically Heinz ketchup. Even more specifically, the Heinz's Top This TV Challenge.

You see, both my sister (one of the people searching in the grass) and my good friend (the main girl in the green colored shirt) are in the commercial that was submitted to the contest and is now a contendar, i.e. they are in the Top 10.

Their submission is by the Unknown Penguin group called Heinz Ketchup Watching: Sharing the Love.

Four runners-up will win $5,700, and their commercial will air on national television. The grand prizewinner will win $57,000 and a spot on national TV.

Why am I sharing this? Because I want you all to get out there and vote!!!

You can vote once a day, every day until April 21?

Now, you're probably asking, "why should I vote."

And I say, here's my Top 10 reasons to vote:

1) I told you to - duh.
2) Don't be that American that has the right to vote, but doesn't excercise it.
3) There's penguins involved.
4) My friend told me to tell people to vote, and who wants to let a friend down?
5) Um, ketchup?
6) It's funny.
7) If you're killing time on Facebook, you can take the time to vote.
8) Your mom wants you to.
9) My mom wants you to.
10) If you vote, and the commercial wins, then you can brag at parties about how you voted for the winning Heinz commercial. Then you'll be cooler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the Heinz "Think About It" commercial on YouTube better but I'll vote for this one.

EmilyHaHa said...

Thanks, Mom. I like that one better, too.