Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Eeeeeerieeeee....

No, not that kind...

Erie - as in the lake, and a street on the north side of the Chicago River that runs through the Magnificent Mile.

I was going to take this picture last night after my French class, but when I left class it was lightning and thundering. I waited for the 36 bus, but it didn't come; so I thought I would then hop the red line, but it wasn't running southbound (construction); so then I booked it down to Michigan and hopped on the 147 to connect to my bus home. By this time it was pouring down and the rain was practically horizontal. The moral of this story was that I could have cared less about getting a picture of a street sign - ha!

But today, while frantically running errands before I take off for Houston tomorrow, I managed to remember to get a picture after walking by the street twice and forgetting.

I'm thinking this April goal will be less about learning about the city and more about learning to be patient, and focused, and actually remembering to take a picture...you know, the little things:)


This picture would have been closer except for the enormous school group that laid claim to the sidewalk.

2 comments:

EmilyHaHa said...

Curse those school children! -the DCGF

Anonymous said...

Looks like Eric St.