Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tiny Baby Lemur

So I read the Daily Mail like some people read the Bible. I have to check it a couple of times a day because it's so brutal! This is no holds bar celebrity and political gossip...and I love it. I'm pretty sure there is nothing that this paper won't write about. When I lived in London, it was a staple on my grocery shopping list. And sometimes, its articles just about make my day.

Like today's story of a newborn-ed lemur named Tahina in eastern France.

She is being raised in captivity without a mama. And while the vets can feed her, she's needs to cuddle with something just as she would her mother if she was in the wild. How cute is she with her teddy bear??

The universal truth found in this article, I believe, is that teddy bears are a necessity when you're little, lemur or not, for security and love. If something is chubby and furry, how can one resist? My teddy bear was named Chubby Cheeks Townhall (don't ask, I have no idea how I came up with that name), and he was the best!

And no mocking, I'm sure every one of you owned a teddy bear with an ridiculous name as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would so love to take care of that baby lemur.........sigh.
I never had a bear. But it would have had a wonderful name !

Glory von Hathor said...

Ahhhh. Baby lemur. Mmm. Endorphins.

But The Daily Fail? Noooooooo!

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Chubelina approves this message. -the DCGF