Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And why is this fun again?

This Sunday, my friend Jon "helped" me fulfill another of my 100/10 goals:

61. Ride on a roller coaster

Yep, I did it. Pigs have flown and hell has frozen over. Actually, I got on THREE roller coasters, count 'em THREE. But my reaction was progressively less positive. We started out on a fairly simple one and my eyes were open about 80% of the time. The next one, oh, about 50%. The last one 0%. The 80 foot drop at the beginning scared the crap out of me and for the rest of the ride I tried to find me happy place, to no avail.

Thus, while I have in fact fulfilled this goal, I plan on never getting on one again. I am convinced that the most frightening part of Six Flag's Frightfest, is that the fact that people actually find this alleged roller coaster-ing fun.

I stopped hating Jon Tuesday evening, and now appreciate his patience and fortitude in helping me fulfill this goal, although I still blame him for coaster #2 and #3.

Done and done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you and you lived ti write about it !!!

Anonymous said...

ooops.....TO write about it !

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Oh gosh. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it! -the DCGF