Friday, February 22, 2008

I Need a Haircut

So, this week I decided growing my hair out was so 2001 and made the move to cut it all off - yay!!!

I go to this great salon in Hyde Park, and my stylist, a wonderful woman from Ethiopia, is so funny and warm, the entire experience is great!

She encouraged the move to go short - something kind of fun and funky, but still professional. Plus, I have a lot of really thick hair, so a shorter cut could work better.

Throughout the cut we chatted about this and that. She asked if I was seeing anyone, and I said no, I have better things to do...hahaha.

At the end of the cut, she joked around that now I would have to beat the boys away with a stick and promptly turned to the guy paying for his buzzcut and said, "See, isn't she so cute now?" He agreed (thanks whoever you are), and I turned about 8 shades of red.

The whole salon is really funny and all the stylists joke around. They are from all over, including several different countries and continents. Definitely a good experience.

So, here's the old cut:


And here's the new cut:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty and so grown-up, too !!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Audrey Hepburn look. It will be a hit with the guys !

Kim said...

You look even more fabulous than before!! Love it!

NEAR said...

Wowee!! Your hair looks really cute, honey.. I want mine cut now..

Anonymous said...

It's awesome!!!
Love the bangs-your eyes look so beautiful!!

Rebekah(who misses Chicago everyday but is loving the 70 degree weather in Houston right now)

Vita said...

Whoa, nice! Katy-with-bangs works!

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

This is comment #7. -the DCGF