Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Ode to Pepperoni Pizza Combos

I remember the day I discovered you
Spying you from afar
I was on my way to Chicago
My mom yelling "Get in the car"

I can't believe I didn't know you
Until the age of 25
But since my first bite of you
I've never felt more alive

Chips be damned and Fritos
You are dead to me
I have never been so happy
As with a bag of Combos at my knee

Despite my will of iron
I eat you way too quick
I'd never be without you
If I had that option to pick

I can't buy you in Chicago
You're very hard to find
But please be assured, my Combos
You're never far from my mind

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A poem about a cracker.

It doesn't get much wackier !

Anonymous said...

you can totally find pepperoni pizza combos at 7-11. I've bought them at the Broadway/Waveland 7-11 several times.

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

I don't know whether to laugh...or cry. -the DCGF

Vita said...

Hon, I will send you pepperoni pizza combos anytime you want. They are a prevalent presence in any I-95 fillin' station. :)