Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1st everybody!!!!

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
~Abraham Lincoln

Alright kids, it's a new month and time to report back on how my February goal. Truth be told, unlike January, I was not as wildly successful.

To remind everyone, I was supposed to write a card a day to friends a family. And yes, 29 cards did go out. And yes, they did go to friends and family. Did one go out each day? Er, not so much. More like a few here and a few more there. I blame the post office, however, for not allowing me to send one out on President's Day - I had to work - why didn't they? But yes, the other 28 days (curse you leap year) were difficult. The first week went really well, but the next three were a mixture of laziness, business, and inability to find a mailbox that had a collection time that wasn't 10am...I see now why e-mail caught on.

HOWEVER, I really, really enjoyed the experience. I sent cards to family members that I hadn't seen in a long time, and many told my mom that it was so much fun to get a card. I wrote to family and friends in Washington, Arizona, Missouri, Kentucky, Michigan, Washington DC, Georgia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Indiana, right here in Illinois, and a few other places. It's so great how everyone is so spread out, but really they're only $0.41 away. It was fun, and I'm glad it was my official February goal.

But now, onto March. I can't give anything else up this month as it is Lent and I don't know if I have it in me to give up something in addition to bread.

So, in the anticipation, that I hopefully will soon be upgrading my camera (more news on that later), I am going to take a picture everyday ( I know...groan...I'm not sure about this "a day" thing). Okay, fine, I'm going to take a total of 31 pictures during the month and will share them with you when I feel like it - there, I'm being honest:) These pics will give a little look into my life - be it at work, at home, or at 12 at night when I remember that I was supposed to take a picture. If and when I get a new camera this month, please excuse any blurriness, crookedness, or the occasional inappropriate use of sepia - I'll be learning.

Alright, here we go!

Picture #1

I love to antique and I LOVE books. Antique books? All mine!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES !!!! 31 new pictures of
Sugar !

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

You'd better not make me leave 31 comments this month. I can't be clever every day. -the DCGF

Melear said...

Yay - 30 Day projects AND photography - my fave. We'll get regular pics on Flickr yet. :)

NEAR said...

I think my card (in February) must have got lost.

I love anyway!!

Aunt Nancy