Monday, October 29, 2007

3 shows, 2 days, 1 mom

So, as I sit here in pain from my free personal training session, I would like to look back to happier times when I could still raise my hands above my head...this weekend. So, you know when you hits your mid-20s and it's absolutely great to have your parents visit - often. Well, I am definitely at that stage. The past few years, I been both in Texas and Washington D.C. which are technically not in the vicinity of Indianapolis, so I've really enjoyed being closer to my family and seeing them more than 2-3 times a year. Especially since I have a wanderlust and 2 years from now could be in Instanbul for all I know. So, let's take advantage of the time we have, shall we??? Anyhoo, onwards and upwards. This past weekend had been planned for awhile, I got comp tickets to see Frederica von Stade in concert a couple of months ago. Then, when my mom said yes to coming with me (von Stade is one of my fave singers), then I got tickets to Wicked for another night. A couple of weeks ago, I found out I had to work this weekend at the CSO children's Halloween concert, Hallowed Haunts - The Composer is Dead. Kind of hectic weekend, but fantabulous nonetheless. Friday night was homemade Mexican and the movie Pan's Labyrinth - super fun night in. Saturday was the Halloween concert, an amazing show that will be published as a book/CD next year - written my Lemony Snicket!! Wicked was great - I had seen the show a couple of years ago in NYC, but wanted to share it with the mother figure, another great lover of musical theatre. Sunday morning was brunch and walking around Hyde Park, and then the von Stade concert. Can I just say how amazing she is? Because she is amazing- amazing voice, great entertainer. Some weekends, I like to play hermit, but it was great to get out these past few days and tread the pavement in the city. Now if I could only feel my legs.

1 comment:

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Two words: paragraph breaks. -the DCGF