Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

My personal message to my fellow CTA bus riders:
-If you are sitting next to me talking to your boyfriend, please do not cover the following topics: your last argument, why you don't feel he cares enough about your day, how much you love him more than his last girlfriend, sex, and how he is too close to his mother.
-Pushing directly on the person in front of you does not by default make everyone on the bus move to the back.
-If you have the skill to paint your nails bright red while riding the bus, then keep on, keepin' on.
-The advantage of you having headphones on is negated if you sing outloud, just sayin'.
-Cussing out the bus driver makes the ride equally uncomfortable for everyone.
-I am all about preaching the gospel, but there is definitely a time and place, both of which is when I am not there.
-I respect the fact that you hate your mother, but telling her in no uncertain terms what you think of her while she is sitting next to you and I am sitting in front of both of you is definitely not cool.
- I understand that you are elderly and should have priority in seating, but asking someone to get up out of there seat (while there are a ton of other empty seats) because it's your favorite and standing right in front of that said someone until s/he gives in and gets up is not part of the deal.
-If you are the same person who painted your nails flawlessly and then reached in to your bag to put lotion on while NOT messing up your nails, then I still have a lot of respect for you, because you have produced a miracle.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn said...

This is the BEST ! I can't wait to ride the bus with you again :D

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

The CTA never fails to delight!