Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Brand New Love

I'm just now coming up for air after an insane, emotional roller coaster ride of a week. However, past blogs would demonstrate that I'm not really up on sharing the personal stuff. I'm pretty sure my most emotional blog to date has been a love letter to my old truck. And, as I'm only 1.2 work days until some much needed vacation time, I'll stick to one of my new loves in life.

Now before I share what it is, I have to mention that my inner snob has somehow surfaced and is demanding high end brand names. Nothing I can do about it - except go with it and hope for the best! Because, alas, my new love is Burberry. I know, at times I consider it totes ridiculous, I can't help it! I could blame the children, but I really blame my gorgeous new winter boots. I actually bought them at the Burberry store on Michigan Ave. in Chicago - no Ebay, no discount website - legit brand name purchase. Granted, I'll probably wear them with my Target coat and Goodwill sweater, but the too late - the monster inside me that loves Burberry is like the mythological Cracken - released and hungry.


Downside to this newfound love of the British high-end label? Ah, yes, that would be the fact that I do not work at a profession that results in copious amounts of money allowing me to indulge my need at a whim. And by whim, I mean, maybe once a year I will be able to get something - if I save up.


I can handle it though, I'm a strong girl. Just now a strong girl that covets all things Burberry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog colors !!!
I can see how you could fall for the good stuff.........
But think how many children you could feed for the price of a purse !