Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

So maybe Christmas isn't the most wonderful time of the year -but it's got to be close. And call me old-fashioned, but one of my favorite Christmas traditions is sending Christmas cards. Actual cards that require envelopes and stamps. I love it! I started my freshman year in college and have sent them ever since. Some years' cards have been better than others, but it's the thought that counts, right? What I look forward to every year is sending and receivings cards to and from old friends, new friends, and family - across the U.S. Great days include ones where I hear from someone that I haven't talked to in quite a while - but I always know that I will hear from at Christmas.

Sometimes when I'm halfway through the 60 some odd cards I send, I'm cursing the process. But, Christmas is a time to spread joy and reconnect, and this is my favorite way to do so. I can't imagine a holiday season without fun cards and Christmas stamps.

Perhaps starting a new tradition this year, the Hall family is headed to NYC to celebrate, so I won't be blogging next week, but Happy Holidays to everyone and be safe wherever you are!

No comments: