Monday, July 21, 2008

An Ode to Sticky Notes

Oh, sticky notes, how I do I love thee?
Let me count the ways
One - you're so sticky and just so cute
Two - you're my friend that always stays
Three - you never talk too much
Because like some people, you're mute
*
Oh, my precious sticky notes
You're a lifelong friend
I knew you when I was younger before I had to work
You were so much fun back then
But now I need you to keep me straight
And prevent me from being a jerk
*
Oh, my sweet, sweet sticky notes
I put you all over my desk drawer
So pure and colorful and clean
You're on my mirror and on my door
I can't imagine life without you
From you I cannot myself wean




**Note from the writer- please do not hurt yourself trying to figure out what kind of rhyme scheme this is - I'm pretty sure "A,B,C,B,D,C" doesn't actually exist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT !!!! You have the makings of a great Ode-Maker in years to come :)

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Wow! That poem is...um...inspired. Are you receiving royalties from 3M? -the DCGF

Vita said...

Thanks for the meter disclaimer...my head was beginning to throb. :)