Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dancin' Machine

I've been known to break it down. From Ida Noyes to Myrtle Beach to Heartland to the Ministry of Sound to the Egyptian room, I've had my moments where I shook what my mama gave me. But as of this past Saturday, I have officially been schooled.

Two nights ago my friend SP and I attend the launch party of "30 Seconds to Dance" at my favorite place in Chicago - the Alliance Francaise. Co-commenced by a former Paris Opera dancer (now a principal at Joffrey), this amazing project features the ridiculously talented dancers of Chicago. All styles are showcased, and SP and I got to witness the mad skillz for ourselves as the launch featured live performances of some of the dancers seen in the videos.

The goal of this website is to promote both the art of dance and the dancers themselves. I think this is a great addition to the rich cultural sector of which Chicago can boast. I know I'll be checking in often to see what new clips are posted. I can always use some new moves...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm likin' what I'm seein' ! A tall dancer !

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Word. To ya mutha