Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sugar and a Blackberry don't mix

Now, before you think that I had some sort of weird kitchen accident, I should clarify...by "Sugar" I mean my cat, and by "Blackberry" I mean my phone. Clear? Yes? Brilliant, let's move on.

This past year I upgraded to a Blackberry and boy has it been completely worth it. Why I have not yet (I hope) reached the "Crack"berry stage (thought I am well on my way there), I have used my phone for all things, both legit and nefarious...mwah ha ha. I used the GPS when I first moved to Chicago when I was lost in a neighborhood with no mass transit in sight. I used it while in Europe with the CSO to deal with donors and tickets. I use it to check my e-mail, phone messages, movie times, etc. In fact my Blackberry served an extremely important purpose just the other day when I was out with some peeps and we needed to be able to get directions to Huck Finn Donuts & Snack Shop...this was vital, my friends. (And to all you people who are currently reading this and thinking how you can do soooo much more with your Iphone - suck it, I don't care.)

But one key party is not a fan of the Blackberry...namely, my cat, Sugar. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has strong kitty hate for this particular electronic. Let's say I'm chillaxing on my couch on the phone and I hang up and put the phone down beside me - Sugar will lay right on top of it. Let's say in the morning, since I use my phone as my alarm, I pick it up to turn the alarm off, he immediately start rubbing against my face/arm/etc., so I can't even see the phone, let alone reach it.

But this morning was by far his most aggressive stance against the Blackberry. I had grabbed the phone to turn off the alarm and Sugar jumped up from the side of the bed and swatted at the Blackberry which knocked it on the floor. He then laid down on my chest, put his head on my shoulder and started purring.

I guess he knows that cuteness always wins over technology...

2 comments:

EmilyHaHa said...

Ah, Mr. Sugar should take a cue from Miss Penny, whose sweet, sweet love for my SmartPhone knows no bounds. She'll fall over sideways and play with that thing like it's stashing a lifetime supply of the 'nip. Which - for as well as it (doesn't) work - it might as well be...

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sugar !!! And Katy didn't think you were a smart kitty :)