Friday, May 2, 2008

Back by popular demand

Alright, kids...I'm on it!

So as all of you wannabe detectives have already detected, I have in fact not posted all of my street signs for April. I only made it to "F." And while "D" may for "Diploma," "F" is definitely for failure. I failed at my April 30-day project. Maybe I didn't love it enough, maybe I ran out of time, maybe I just a deep-seed subconcious aversions to street signs...or the alphabet.

Anyway, since I didn't provide a street sign for each letter of the alphabet, I am now going to offer all of my justifications for not finishing...in alphabetical order.

A is for Apathy.
B is for Being bored with my 30 day project.
C is for Caring...oh wait, didn't do that.
D is for D'oh!!!
E is for Emily who gave me the idea (sad face).
F is for Forgetting my camera.
G is for Giving it the old college try (or not).
H is for Having no motivation.
I is for I SUCK.
J is for "just...can't...do...it."
K is for Katy...
L is for Leaving out a letter of the alphabet while creating this list.
M is for Maybe picking an easier goal for May.
N is for Nothing...cuz that's what I got.
O is for Oops! euh, it's May...too late.
P is for Putting for a half-heart effort.
Q is for Quitter.
R is for Really??!!
S is for Sugar, who by his cuteness, distracted me from my goal!
T is for Totes sucked on this one, dude.
U is for Underachieving
V is for Vendetta...what? It is!
W is for Why bother?
X is for Xenophobia...I blame my fear of street signs that are foreign to me.
Y is for Your mom.
Z is for Zut alors!

Now, that I've subjected you all to that list, let's move on shall we?

May's 30 day goal will be one of giving things up...because I'm super busy for the next two months and giving something up will just be easier.

But dear readers, that does not mean it will be easy!

Alas, for 30 days I am giving up celebrity gossip!!! I know, you are thinking, "Mais Katy, ce n'est pas possible! Quel horreur!!"

I know, I feel you, celebrity gossip has been a loyal friend since my graduate school days, true. But, recent harrumpf over the Miley Cyrus pictures gave me pause. She's 15 and a picture was taken of her showing her back. Suddenly Disney's forcing her to apologize, the photographer is being held accountable and the Christian Coalition is demanding a televised apology. Which is all just stupid. Are you kidding me? How much energy is going into one picture when how many other 15 year olds are getting shot, or starving, or dying. I used to enjoy reading it to see what people are wearing, and who went to which movie premier. And maybe it's just me, but in the last several years, these magazines, and online blogs, have become increasingly viscious to the point where they are practically gloating over the details of someone's divorce, miscarriage, or other heartache like we're watching a Lifetime movie...it's disgusting and I'm no longer entertained. Us Weekly is the new gladiator stadium where we all watch to see who goes down first. So for May, I'm weaning myself away from what has become habit, rather than a pleasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl !!

Vita said...

Color me in disbelief. :)

Kim said...

Who am I going to call when we need to know who's dating whom in celebrity world.... ???