Monday, December 3, 2007

Tiny Dancers

The Nutcracker - who's excited? This girl right here.

Went home to Indy for the aforementioned Christmas tradition of seeing Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker with my dad. I took the Megabus home on Friday (don't knock it 'til you've tried it). Saturday during the day I just goofed around with my mom - hit up Target, checked out a great new dollar store, saw my grandmother - good times. Laid around on the recliner for a good two hours reading a John Grisham book and discovered that I really like his stuff - The Broker is the first one of his that I've read.

Finally, time for the show. My dad and I set out for Butler University where we were seeing the ballet. Luck would have it that there was a Butler basketball game the same night at the Fieldhouse which is about four blocks away from the theater - eek! Yet, I have to give huge props to BU for making the wickedly brilliant decision to not allow anyone without ballet tickets to park in the lots around the performance hall - we got to park close:)

The performance itself was great - wonderful choreography, orchestra was brilliant, and the costumes had been updated a little bit, but looked great! One little angel (she had to be about 4 or 5) unfortunately wiped out at the beginning of the 2nd act, but she popped back up like a champ and kept dancing.

Post-The Nutcracker, we hit up a White Castle (I know, you wish you were classy like me) for hamburgers and mozzarella sticks - tasted so good!

I have to say, the best part is, though, knowing that my dad and I have this great tradition together and that it's is definitely something to look forward to each year.

Favorite Nutcracker memory # 2: The year that the Nutcracker's head popped off after he was supposed to be fixed, the Nutcracker dropped the Sugar Plum Fairy, a snow angel almost popped out of her costume, and at least 3 other dancers wiped out. Note to self - no more opening nights:)

1 comment:

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

I can't believe I didn't leave a comment on this one! -the DCGF