Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Things Remembered

So, Christmas always makes me nostalgic. Not necessarily for past Christmases, but for growing up in Indy. Knock Indiana if you like (and many moviemakers/songwriters/TV writers do), but it's truly good times. So in honor of my nostalgia, and of Christmas, here is my Top 10 things I miss from growing up (not necessarily in order).
10) Shooting hoops with my Dad in the evenings - and him waiting 30 minutes until I could make a hook shot.
9) Coming inside the house to the air-conditioning after a long tennis match.
8) Christmas bazaars at my church and the high school with my Mom and Sis when I was younger
7) 4-H County Fair - mmmm....elephant ear with extra butter
6) The smell of the grass right after it was cut
5) Breadsticks and cheese at the Noble Romans with friends
4) Thursday night marching band practice in the fall
3) High school basketball games in the winter
2) Getting up on 5am on Saturdays to go to speech contests (bonus points for Mom getting up with me to clear the ice from the car)
1) Laying in the bench swing as the sun sets on my Grandparents' farm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's 2 comments :

AMEN !

That makes me cry, Pa !

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

What about the Amish? Don't you miss them? -the DCGF