Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Slacking

When it comes to blogging, that's EXACTLY what I've been doing. No excuses - I know many doubt that I can stick with such a venture, but I'm here for the long haul, folks. Or, at least until my old computer overheats and dies - which could be in a matter of minutes given that I pretty much have 2nd degree burns on my legs from having my computer on my lap. I hope you all enjoy the new format of the blog - I need something more aesthetically pleasing as I write my musings on the world and life - or create lists because I really have nothing of value to add on that given day:) Such is the case today...nothing special - just a busy day, messy apartment, chubby cat sleeping - pretty much same old, same old.

Except this is the weekend that I go see The Nutcracker. I know it's the White Zin of ballets, but I love it. More importantly, this performance is a Christmas tradition for my Dad and me. Since sixth grade, each year we have gone to a performance, mostly favoring the excellent production put on by Butler University in Indianapolis. Performed at Clowes Hall, the dancers are always excellent. When I was stuck in DC last year and couldn't make it back, Dad flew out for less than 48 hours, so we would still be able to see a Nutcracker together - if that isn't Christmas spirit, I don't know what is:) So, I'm off to Indy this weekend and will report back.

Favorite Nutcracker tradition #1: One year, the Arabian Dance in the second act was hot. As in not child appropriate, slithering dance moves, sensual costumes, asking the person next to me for a cigarette hot. Unfortunately, hasn't happened since then - ha.

1 comment:

DC Goodwill Fashionista said...

Slithering Nutcracker - now that's hot! -the DCGF